Wednesday 16 April 2014

Spring Fever Challenge.

We've been a bit distracted with all the new pretties that have been arriving in the shop lately and haven't posted for a while. But what a nice post to get us back up and running... The Spring Fever Challenge run by Blueberri Beads, Thea Elements and Smitten Beads.

I was quite excited to get my pack and see what surprise components I had to play with. But as the name suggests, it was definitely a challenge for me. True to form, the components Lesley and Caroline sent are beautiful and the ribbon from Smitten Beads was yummy. The main challenge for me was the colours, as these are not what i would usually choose for myself.

So after i got over the colour phobe moment I needed to work out the design. Well I played around with the idea of wiring it all together, but in the end I decided to do what I do best and use bead embroidery. I didn't want the birds to hang off the main flower focal, so I embroidered round them as if they are sitting on the flower itself. Coming off the focal I strung a few seeds, some of the new gorgeous Czech beads that we recently got in the shop (I've been dying to use them :)) and a little bit of Swarovski crystal. I attached this to the ribbon and added a handmade clasp.

And here he is...






Overall I'm in love with this design as its a bit different to what i'd usually do in my embroidery. So i would like to say a bit thank you to Caroline, Lesley and Claire for including me in this challenge. Hope everyone likes what i made and now i'm off to see what everyone else has done.

Vicky xx

Erin Prais – Hintz – http://treasures-found.blogspot.co.uk/
Toltec Jewels - JewelSchoolFriends.com 

25 comments:

BeadQueen87 said...

Stunning work! Pop by and take a look at mine too Shared +1 :) Christine x

http://christinesjewellerybox.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

Vicky - creative use of embroidery - love the design!

I also took a stitched approach
http://keithagnestutorialsdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/spring-fever-design-challenge-reveal.html

Lesley said...

Vicky - I just love this...a perfect evocation of spring and I'm monumentally impressed that you got all your elements into one piece and created such a stylish piece! Thank you so much for joining us in this challenge.

Caroline said...

Like it? I love it! :D You've done a fantastic job, it's stunning. Thank you for joining us in the challenge! x

Unknown said...

Love how the birds sit on the pendant how very different.

Unknown said...

I did think about embroidery too but I wasn't sure how the birds would work. Very creative!!!!!

Claire Lockwood said...

How neat! Love how you've used the birds.

TesoriTrovati said...

I just love the colors of your design. That is totally in my wheelhouse, but isn't it funny how you get what pushes you? I got loads of pink and I am not at all a fluffy pink sort of girl! I adore the bead embroidery you did. And to add those birds to it is pure genius! Thank you for sharing your spring fever! Enjoy the day. Erin

Heidi Post said...

This is so pretty - those colors are gorgeous :)

baymoondesign said...

I love your embroidery and the addition of the birds to it. Your colors are wonderful and scream spring. Well done!

Dolores Raml said...

Wow, love how you designed this, it's so unique!

Carol Briody said...

It's sooooo beautiful! Perfect for Spring! Your technique is awesome!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much everyone. Your comments have made my day xx

Faerystone said...

Loving this necklace and the embroidery is fabulous x

Klassy Joolz said...

Just so gorgeous! Love your design and the beautiful colors!

Happy Spring!

Pam

kristibasket said...

Wow, so unique and so beautiful! I LOVE how you have that bird attached! :)

Lesley Lane said...

Absolutely gorgeous design!

Lori Anderson said...

oh WOW but I love the vibrancy of your piece!

Shai Williams said...

This has to be one of the most creative bead embroidery designs I have ever seen. Great job!

My Life Under the Bus said...

OMG that is brilliant! Like a sweet little portable bird bath - this is adorable!

Ann Schroeder said...

Your piece is gorgeous. I love when a challenge take someone outside her comfort zone, but then the results are so great!

Toltec Jewels for Jewel School Friends said...

Wow, brilliant and beautiful. I love the birds "nesting" & nurtured by the beautiful flower! Your embroidery works so well, and the necklace crystals & colors are amazing! Gorgeous and whimsical, original and lovely. Bravo!
Gracias for sharing! Rita

Anonymous said...

You received my very favorite beads and you totally rocked it. I love your design. You really did your components justice.

Shee Sews said...

I noticed these colours when we first applied to be included and hoped I would be lucky enough...but what youve done is simply stunning! I love the bead stitching something ive yet to try.

Becky Pancake said...

I too am smitten with bead embroidery. Having the birds sit on the flower is very creative and unique. Great job Vicky